Description of MATLAB Project on Clothing Pattern Recognition
- We have developed a camera-based prototype system that recognizes clothing patterns in four categories (plaid, striped, patternless, and irregular) and identifies a few clothing colors.
- The system integrates a camera, a microphone, a computer, and a pair of earphones for audio description of clothing patterns and colors to the blind.
- The clothing patterns and colors are described to blind users verbally.
- This system can be controlled by speech input through microphone.
To develop a device prototype that:
- Recognizing the pattern of cloth as one of the four basic patterns (Pattern-less, Plaid, Striped or Irregular).
- Detecting the most visible colors present in the cloth pattern.
- Producing an audio output for the user.
- Thus, making the life of visually-impaired people more independent and easy.